I have over 10 years of tutoring experience in all subjects, tutoring kids between 6-17 years old.
I have a very good "Abitur" to show for it! :))
I was brought up in a trilingual household and I'm married to a native English speaker.
I have a variety of hobbys, that I've been practicing from a young age and still expand on. I'd be more than welcome to share my skills with your kids!
They include playing piano, drawing and painting, dancing, hiking, writing, baking, cooking and any form of kid-friendly sports.
I myself was the oldest of four at home and had to partake in raising my brother and sisters. That included helping with homework, teaching manners, conflict resolution, playing outside, arts + crafts, cooking for them and shared household work.
Additionally, at the height of the refugee wave in Germany, I volunteered as a translator (written and verbal) and "supportive hand" including integration matters. Be it babysitting kids while their parents are out, taking in refugee kids that had no parents or came without their parents into our home and helping with anything language or developmentally related and many, many more flexible tasks that erose with the unpredictable nature of integration. (approx. 3-5 years).
Other skills, strengths, wishes, values:
Most important values, that I like to instill and live/work by:
- Love and empathy: I am a very motherly person and love strongly. I especially love kids and radiate a warm and inviting energy to them!
- Nurture & Create: the two words I live by :)! I am very nurturing and find my strengths in any form of creation.
- Dynamic: I love to walk, dance, work out, stretch, etc. Fitness is a huge part of my life and I am planning on getting a Trainers & Nutritionist certificate.
- Honesty & Respect: self explanatory 😉
- Cleanliness: As someone that loves cooking and baking, taking care of not leaving messes is crucial. I will instill that!
- Respond > React: I am a very patient person, and I prefer to not emotionally react to things kids do. It took me a long time to develop that skill, but it has proved time over time to be very useful.
- Nature: I am not the biggest fan of social media at a young age (I myself don't have any social media) and I prefer to be present and attentive (sometimes I take inspiration from Montessori methods). If you are okay with electronics, please communicate that to me. I will of course adjust to that, but you will probably not see me teaching a kid anything useless on the computer or put them in fromt of the TV for hours on end.
I prefer to use it for a more sensible matter, like digital art or teaching/writing 🙂
I love animals! I would prefer, if my native-nanny-family owns a small to mid sized dog (I prefer to not be employed in a house with breeds including Pitbulls, Cane Corsos', and other breeds that are known to be more aggressive, as I prefer to not deal with their unpredictable nature for my own and the kids' safety).
I prefer dogs over cats, as I've experienced it to add great fun to the Nanny-ing experience for both the kids and the Nanny. I'd like to be outdoors as much as possible with the kids, if the weather allows, and share very strong values on the connection to nature :)! Dogs fit into that perfectly.
Please make sure your dog is chipped and has all vaccines.
Any other smaller animal will be instantly loved by me aswell, just let me know prior, so I can research a bit beforehand.
If you don't have any animals, that's of course fine aswell!
- tutor & help with homework
- pick them up from school/ kindergarden/ after school activities
- bake and cook with and for the kids, if wanted
- arts & crafts, music, dance
- take them out to playgrounds or walks
- give language lessons in either German or English
And of course any of the checked boxes above.
In me, you will find a loving, optimistic, energetic, extroverted and kind nanny, that wants to bring out the best in your kids and hence, make your life easier.
Note: I can work mornings on weekends, and prefer afternoons/evenings on weekdays, or VERY early mornings in a split (e.g. Monday 5-7, and afternoon same day 12-5, as an example, depending on the employment).